Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring is here!

I've spent just about every day lately outdoors going on walks, hiking to the creek, and enjoying great weather. All the redbud trees and flowers are starting to bloom and the yard's looking pretty again. I feel sorry for Candace way up north where it's still like winter. But she'll be home very soon!
-
Friday we went to our cousin's baseball game and afterward a few of us went bowling so our cousin Lily, who has a seizure disorder, could play. It was pretty funny when one time she threw the ball into the gutter even though there were gutter guards.
-
I had 2 of my friends spend the night Saturday. We camped out in the camper at the top of our hill and we had a lot of fun eating junk food and staying up late. That evening we had a cookout at our house with 4 other families and later Dad got his huge amount of fireworks out that he'd saved for just such an occasion. The boys had a great time putting on a show for us.
-
Today Pris and I went shopping and it was a successful trip, but it's pretty sad how hard it is to find modest clothes these days. Especially now that it's springtime. But I am liking the new style for girls long shorts. It's nice to be able to dress in style but still be modest. I just wish there were more options than there are for girls who want to dress right.
-
I've been reading a book called You Are My Hiding Place by Amy Carmichael. A part I just read is about learning to lean on God. Here's a quote that really spoke to me.
-
"His hand has grasped me, in recent days, as my understanding opens up to the word trust.
Trust, I have learned, means: to lean on, to place my confidence upon (Young's Analytical Concordance).... And after this discovery, I've found many verses in the Psalms that provide great comfort when translated in this way. For instance, 'I have trusted in [leaned on, placed confidence in] your lovingkindness.' (Psalm 13:5). So I may say: That lovingkindness which has loved me with everlasting love, which forgives and cleanses and will never tire of me--that lovingkindness, Lord, I lean on. Doesn't this tell us something about the love of God--and isn't it just like Him to let us know that He wants us to lean on, not only His lovingkindness, but His very self?"

2 comments:

zach caddy said...

I like your definition of trust. I'm still working on the whole trust thing, but it's coming along. The Psalms are great.

Sissy Kaf said...

I know how hard it is to find modest clothes, especially shorts. Yikes! Those were getting short! I am really glad long shorts are back in.