Sunday, March 4, 2007


We had a HiStory rehearsal yesterday, and it lasted all day from 9-5. It felt like an extremely long day. I'm really excited that it's only in 2 weeks. It's gonna be awesome. I can't wait!
Anyway, it was my turn to get sick so I had to stay home from church alone all day today with nothing to do but watch movies and lay around. I decided to watch The Passion for the first time, and wow, it was very tough to watch but it really had a lot of impact on me. I hadn't seen it yet because when it came out, everyone said I wouldn't be able to handle it since I already tend to be sensitive and emotional. They were probably right. I was crying through the whole thing. It made Jesus' death so much more real than it ever has been to me. I'm glad I saw it before we do HiStory because it'll make my parts in it easier to portray what I'm trying to. One of my dance teachers said I needed to work on the acting and my facial expressions now that I have the steps.

This evening I went over to our cousins next door. They were doing some work on their house and I came over to help and hang out. They're a riot. Their whole family, especially my aunt and uncle, are in this craze and are totally obsessed with Napoleon Dynamite (which is pretty weird since it's usually not the adults it's the kids). They don't say anything without having something to do with it, whether it's a direct quote or an altered one to fit the occasion. We'd say something to Uncle Kenny and he'd take forever to think of an answer that a line from the movie would fit. It kinda got contagious after a while of nonstop Napoleon Dynamite, whatever you want to call it,(obsession?) and I couldn't stop. Josh and Uncle Kenny were telling me about a really funny idea they have of filming their own version of it and altering things in it to make the scenes fit to everything in their life. I didn't know you could do a spoof on a movie that was already so weird. They also had a few more ideas for some things that maybe eventually we'll get to film.

2 comments:

Nathan L. said...

The Passion = Great movie. Although It was very emotional & I don't know if I'll watch it again for a long time.

zach caddy said...

Some of my friends and I were wanting to do one where all the guys in the movie were girls, and all the girls in the movie were guys... They wanted me to be La Fawn Duh
zach