Sunday, March 11, 2007

A few days ago some very good friends of ours the Beck's, lost everything. Their house burnt down and nearly everything was lost. They did save a couple of small things, but they have to start all over with nothing. We are thankful that God kept everyone safe with no injuries. You can read more about what happened at shadybrookacres and theprissycloset. Please keep them in your prayers. I can't imagine what it would be like to have everything gone so quick.
~
Earlier that day we did a lot of gardening and outside work. I can't believe it's already time for gardening again. We rented a tractor and Dad tore down our pool and cleared a lot of brush with it. Were getting rid of it because we can't finish the railing on it soon enough and we have neighbors with little kids and with no gate or railing, it might be dangerous. It was getting old and falling apart anyway. We're also getting chickens this spring, and I get to be the one in charge of taking care of them. (Oh boy.)
Well, there were consequences from all that fun at the creek. I have a whole bunch of poison ivy and it's killing me. I have some on my face too. It's not fun stuff that's for sure.
~
We're taking off school this week for spring break, so that'll be pretty nice. We have company coming, and HiStory rehearsals taking up a few mornings so Mom decided to let this be a week off.
Pris got a car Saturday. It's a white '96 Buick Riviera and in really good condition. Still, we joke about it being a grandma car. It was even previously owned by an older lady. Dramatic difference from Candace's purple bug. I guess the cars say something about their personalities don't you think?
~
Last night at 10:30, on the spur of the moment, our whole family decided to go out for ice cream. The place we wanted to go wasn't opened that late, so we went to McDonalds. Picture this: a family of 9 crowds into a, (for the most part) empty restaurant late at night and once they take forever to order, they all crowd around a small table laughing and going crazy making racket and acting like a bunch of teenagers (adults included). Once they finally leave, they peel out in the parking lot in a mini van. Yeah, that's us. And in case you're wondering, we did get some weird looks, especially driving out of there, a few people at a table turned around and looked at us like "What in the world?" when we pulled out. Very embarrassing I have to say, but I'm sort of used to it by now. I guess I've just excepted that a have a weird family.

5 comments:

Nathan L. said...

Yes, I agree, Priscilla's new car looks slightly like an old person's car, but a very COOL old persons car. I can't believe it's a '96 I thought it was much newer than that.
As for the McDonald thing, I know just the feeling. Our youth group does the same thing. (We also love to slide down the slides on McDonald's playground on trays, it's lots of fun)

zach caddy said...

Hey,
I pity you with the chicken situation. Much pity. I'm SO allergic to Poison Ivy, it's not even funny. It kills.
Pris, you just had to get a lite blue buick, didn't you... There's no hope.
Candi seriously has a bug? If it's vintage... The old ones are great...
zach

Priscilla said...

Hey Zach,
Actually, I thought I was getting the WHITE buick but when we went to the bank they told us we would be paying over $2,000.00 too much. SO.... I am still carless (not careless :) ). But give it up. I will most likely end up with a granny car. :)

zach caddy said...

Too sad...

Anonymous said...

I'll bet that poison ivy doesn't kill Zach half as bad as my other friend Jonah! He almost died for real, a couple of times to be exact. My family is also going to get chickens this spring.
We might as well all go down together right? Actually I don't think it will be to bad. My grandparents have owned 3 buicks/oldsmobiles in the past 5 years, so I agree that they are old people cars.
Sam, from Mo