Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Ridiculous Rescue of Mr. Bob

So, I was out standing by our trampoline and all of the sudden I hear this little "bzzz...bzzz..." in a rhythm. I look over and there he was, a helpless, stupid, gigantic horse fly with it's head that was much to big for it's body stuck in the net trying to get free. Well, I looked close to further examine the situation at hand and found that this poor fly was fated to die if otherwise I had not been there to pity the idiotic creature. This flie's crisis would have obviously been a hopeless cause so I pulled on the net a little to free the panicking thing, but alas... the head was still much too big and Mr. Bob (the fly) began panicking all the more. So, I courageously looked around on the ground for a stick with which I could poke the head through and finally found one of suitable size. I took it and pried the head through and low and behold Mr. Bob finally got free! So, seeing that I saved this flie's life it should be eternally grateful should it not? But no. Not even one word of thanks did it give me. It Just flew off and went on it's merry way without even a second thought of his rescuer. Sigh.*About the name Mr. Bob, it came from the name we gave a fly at dance class that used to pester us every time. We joked about another fly being Bob's girlfriend. So, since this one was five times the original Bob's size I assume he is Bob's father, and therefore Mr. Bob.

Hmm. This sounds like something C&ace would write...oh dear! I guess I can just say I had a C&ace moment. : /

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have killed Bob right off because he might become food for one of the bees that were accidentally released due to that truck wreck!

Jessica Wynn said...

That fly should have been more greatful. I mean, you went through ALL that trouble to save it, and it just flies off. I would've chased it and killed it. Actually, I wouldn't, but I WOULD send it mean thoughts, lol.
Jessie

Esther said...

I'm sure Mr Bob was thrilled to have been rescued. He was probably just so afraid you would eat him, so didn't stop to say, "Thanks, for rescuing me, and putting hope into my heart again. You're just a good person to have not eaten me."

You didn't eat him right? Just making sure.

I stayed up really late last night, so everything is funny to me.

zach caddy said...

Shut up, Sam, leave her alone.
Interesting...

Hope said...

Esther, Me? Eat a fly? That sounds like my uncle. I think the fly should have known how unlikely it would be for a girl to eat a fly. I agree w/ Jessie.

Anonymous said...

Umm....I am with Sam here. You never, never, NEVER, let a fly get away alive. Death is the only option(insert evil grin here).

Nyiad

Esther said...

Hey,

I was tired, remember.

Which of your uncles eats flies?

Yeah, you are the last person I would expect to see eat a fly. I've never eaten one myself.

Little things are always scared. I've always thought it is because they always expect something to eat them, or smash them, or harm them in some way.


-Esther

Hope said...

My Uncle kenny, Josh's dad. I watched him eat one before. He's eaten much worse but I wont talk about that!

~Jo'ster~ said...

you shoudlda killed the dern thing~!~

all it was gonna do was fly off or bite somebody.. or get eaten by Kenny...(LOL;)