Monday, February 4, 2008

Well, I haven't blogged in months!

I almost decided to delete my blog because I hardly ever have time to write anymore. But right now I have a lot to say.

I'm kind of quiet sometimes. It's sometimes because I don't really have anything to say, and other times I just have so much to say I don't know where to start. I feel like that now.

I feel really discouraged but also very thankful too.

Alright so, Kezzi and I want to a super bowl party last night at church with the youth. We've been really discouraged with them because of their lack of heart for the Lord and immaturity but Mom and Dad have been wanting us to go to just try and be an example.

Last night it was just really disheartening and it made us both pretty mad to tell the truth. It's not like we expect them to be really great kids or anything, 'cause what we've experienced so far was enough to tell us that the majority of them definitely don't seem to want to live comepletly for God, in fact, it doesn't seem like they really care at all. And a lot of thing's we heard and saw while we were there (and I mean a lot) aren't even comfotable to say. Nearly everyone was coupled off and WAY too touchy, a few kissing, and some would go outside together in the dark holding hands. You get the picture. Even the girls were all over each other in a way that I wouldn't do just because some things are just inappropriate, even with each other.

I was still just trying to get over those things and be friendly and hang out with everyone, but Kezzi, who probably did the smarter thing, (and I don't blame her,) was so irritated especially after overhearing something outragous that, (again I wont repeat,) was going on, sat by herself and watched the super bowl. There were a few youth leaders there but I get the impression that they hold back a little around when the leaders are around probably because one couple got cauught and seperated and had a "talking to" a while back.

Well, we left before it was over and headed to the house of some of our family's friends to spend the night. The atmosphere was so different there it was really cool. We walk in from all that, to a family of 4 little girls and 2 boys sitting together in the living room talking to each other and watching the super bowl. What a swich. I love their family so much, and their Mom was so understanding as we went off about what happend and how irritated we were about it. They homeschool and have a lot of the same convictions as us and actually all the kids and their years apart are set up just like us. 4 girls and then 2 boys and 1 on the way (it'll have to be a girl!).

Well, anyways it made me really thankful for the good life we have and the good freinds we do have like at dance and in Missouri and a few more that really do have a heart for the Lord and we're not the only ones out there! It can get discourageing though after all the youth groups we been to, that sadly, most of them are that way. I guess we can only pray for them and try to be an example the best we know how.



I'll probably post tomorrow about some fun things that have been happening instead of all this crap : )

~Hope

5 comments:

Nathan L. said...

You're Back!

Anonymous said...

Finally!! lol
Do u know who i am???(u never answered me last time)

Sissy Kaf said...

Hey, I feel exactly the same way about both youth groups I'm currently involved in! Its nice to know I'm not the only one my age who is uncomfortable with the whole "teen culture" thing.
I'm just like you, my last post was like six months ago!!! LOL!!!

I deleted my old blog and made a new one, you can see it at:

http://theperfectdisaster.blogspot.com


if you want to.

later~

Anonymous said...

hey sissy kaf!!
HAven't seen u in a while!
hows it goin'?
and make your blog so i post comments!
thanks

Hope said...

pirate/horse luver, I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are. Should I?